This is your chance to own a MusiKraft shell at a low price.
We have a small batch of new champagne anodized mixed aluminum alloy shells with a minor finish defect.
These actual shells were manufactured to exacting specs except that It slipped through our quality control process for a moment during manipulating the top and base parts resulting in mixed in alloy types. The tops are alumnum and the base are made out of lithium alloy. The lithium type doesn't support well the anodization process because of it metal content. Electrolysis occurs but not optimally to reach Milspec standards. In harsh environment they would probably not repel oxydation as much. You can notice as well that the champagne finish and color doesn't match the top cover portion. If looked very closely dark pigments are noticeable. The anomalies on these are slightly about aesthetic and resistance to oxydation. They are in perfect working condition. In fact, you may not even notice there are any defects except for the evident color difference. We are fussy on tolerances and if their off by 1%, we refuse to send them out normaly.
This Audio MusiKraft champagne anodized mixed aluminum alloy shell is specifically designed for Denon DL-103 or 103R phono cartridges. It can be purchased nude as a starting point and customized to one's preference or as a complete kit with a preinstalled modified cartridge and wood inserts.
This shell can be fully customized to your musical and/or visual preference so to speak.
- Cover material: Aluminum alloy
- Base material: Lithium alloy
- Finish: Anodized (defect on base)
- Color: champagne
- Size (LxWxH): 24 x 18 x 4.9mm
- Shell weight (nude): 4.01g
- Kit weight (with cart and wood inserts): 11.6g (min.) - 12.0g (max.)
- Headshell mount: 1/2"
- Headshell thread: 10 - M2.5 x 0.45
- Cover depth clearance: 2.2mm (max.) (cover thickness is 2.4mm)
- Screw Material: 304 stainless steel (all)
The MusiKraft shell comes with its customized jewel box.
Includes: (1) Shell, (2) M2.5x3mm Stainless Steel 304 Pan Head Phillips screws for setting on headshell, (1) miniature Phillips screwdriver, (1) 0.7mm Allen hex key and (1) wooden pushrod tool for wood insert retrieval.
Options: Wood inserts, wood finishes, extra screws, Denon cartridge, guard or other accessories.
Depending on you tonearm setup, this shell system may require heavier counterweight and a slight modification as of height or VTA compensation.
The wood inserts
Following are the various species of our wood inserts. Our system renders them interchangeable within all the Audio MusiKraft shell models. Each set contains (3) three pieces; one (1) piece for the cover and two (2) for the sides.
*Take in consideration:
- Due to the natural variations in wood grain, its aspect and overall colors may vary depending on your screen settings.
- For best fitment, we suggest buying your extra wood sets at the cartridge date of purchase or to send us in your shell if you are looking to upgrade.
For complete details, download the First Series Phono Cartridge Owner's Manual (PDF - 15 pages).
Refer to the Terms & Conditions page.
Audio MusiKraft champagne anodized mixed aluminum alloy shell for Denon DL-103 (in clearance)
- Brand: Audio MusiKraft
- Product Code: S-Al-CHAN-LIQUID
- Availability: In Stock