The World’s First and Only “Tunable” and "Customizable" Phono Cartridge
* The wood species above are shown as an example. Depending on your screen setting the colors may differ from the actual picture.
LOMC (Low Output Moving Coil) Phono Cartridges
The Magnesium (Mg) alloy cartridge is for the audiophile wanting maximum transparency with neutral sound. It is the most analytical of the four alloys. The Magnesium (Mg) tends towards an immersive headphone-like 3D effect, delivering a lot of the micro-information that is contained in the vinyl grooves, with an excellent left to right soundstage nuance. Given its mechanical properties, it delivers a shorter decay time. It restores the textures and provides a harmonious tonal balance with a less weighty presentation than the other alloys.
Which Nitro Motor to Choose…
Audio MusiKraft offers two distinct cartridge motors: Nitro 1 and Nitro 2.
Mechanically, both motors closely resemble each other. To help distinguish them the external finish on the Nitro 2 is gold plated. The main difference stems from the Nitro 2 possessing a higher degree of copper wire purity resulting in a more faithful reproduction. Electrically; the Nitro 2 has a lower DC resistance so the recommended load is slightly different from each other and the Nitro 2 is slightly lower in output voltage than the Nitro 1.
Essentially the Nitro 1 is pleasing to listen to, it provides vivid sound which translates to a more «forefront» presentation. It offers more midrange bloom and it confers more presence than the Nitro 2.
The listener looking for a more neutral and precise reproduction will prefer the Nitro 2 version. Subjectively, this one has a flatter frequency response in its entire passband. It has slightly better and refined timbre than the Nitro 1, especially notable in the mid-range portion; thanks to the use of 6N pure copper wire. Its lower moving coil equipment mass ensures quicker transients.
The use of a Nitro cartridge requires at least three things:
- Medium to high mass tonearm to match these low compliance cartridges (i.e. 10g. and more).
- System ready for low output MC cartridges or either using a head amp or a step-up transformer (SUT).
- The Magnesium (Mg) Nitro cartridges require a tonearm able to counterbalance 11g.
The Cartridge Kit Includes:
- Either one of the two (2) distinct motors: Nitro 1 or Nitro 2;
- Offered in a matte iridescent olive green passivated coating finish;
- Three (3) pre-selected tonewoods. We have chosen beeswax patinated torrefied pine, clear lacquered maple, and eco-oiled ipe as the optimal woods for you to cover a large musical and sonic spectrum;
- One damping oil vial, a complete tool kit and various screws for a trouble-free installation;
- A red stained baltic plywood exotic jewel box.