The World’s First and Only “Tunable” and "Customizable" Phono Cartridge
* The wood species above are shown as an example. Depending on your screen setting the colors may differ from the actual picture.
LOMC (Low Output Moving Coil) Phono Cartridges
We recommend the Aluminum (Al) alloy cartridge as a versatile and highly competitive candidate and one that provides excellent performance in a wide variety of contexts. Its sonic signature is lively, dynamic and provides fine focus and attack; you can literally map the soundstage.
Which Nitro Motor to Choose…
Audio MusiKraft offers two distinct cartridge motors: Nitro 1 and Nitro 2.
Mechanically, both motors closely resemble each other. To help distinguish them the external finish on the Nitro 2 is gold plated. The main difference stems from the Nitro 2 possessing a higher degree of copper wire purity resulting in a more faithful reproduction. Electrically; the Nitro 2 has a lower DC resistance so the recommended load is slightly different from each other and the Nitro 2 is slightly lower in output voltage than the Nitro 1.
Essentially the Nitro 1 is pleasing to listen to, it provides vivid sound which translates to a more «forefront» presentation. It offers more midrange bloom and it confers more presence than the Nitro 2.
The listener looking for a more neutral and precise reproduction will prefer the Nitro 2 version. Subjectively, this one has a flatter frequency response in its entire passband. It has slightly better and refined timbre than the Nitro 1, especially notable in the mid-range portion; thanks to the use of 6N pure copper wire. Its lower moving coil equipment mass ensures quicker transients.
The use of a Nitro cartridge requires at least three things:
- Medium to high mass tonearm to match these low compliance cartridges (i.e. 10g. and more).
- System ready for low output MC cartridges or either using a head amp or a step-up transformer (SUT).
- The Aluminum (Al) Nitro cartridges require a tonearm able to counterbalance 12g.
The Cartridge Kit Includes:
- Either one of the two (2) distinct motors: Nitro 1 or Nitro 2;
- The anodized finish color of your choice: clear or champagne;
- Three (3) pre-selected tonewoods. We have chosen beeswax patinated torrefied pine, clear lacquered maple, and eco-oiled ipe as the optimal woods for you to cover a large musical and sonic spectrum;
- One damping oil vial, a complete tool kit and various screws for a trouble-free installation;
- A red stained baltic plywood exotic jewel box.
Download:Aluminum (Al) Nitro Series phono cartridges Technical specifications (PDF 2 pages)