The World’s First and Only “Tunable” and "Customizable" Phono Cartridge
* The wood species above are shown as an example. Depending on your screen setting the colors may differ from the actual picture.
LOMC (Low Output Moving Coil) Phono Cartridges
The Lithium (Li) alloy cartridge is for those seeking a more intimate presentation of the musicians while the core and timbres of the instruments are better perceived. The high frequencies in the Lithium (Li) are silkier and are not unlike going from a metallic dome tweeter to a silk one in a loudspeaker. The mid-band is more laid back, damped and relaxed. The bass is a rounder. compared to the Aluminum (Al) version. A Lithium (Li) cartridge sounds warmer and pleasing. The copper content in this alloy provides a well-balanced damping effect that gives this warmer and silkier result.
Which Motor to Choose…
Audio MusiKraft offers two distinct cartridge motors in the First Series: DL-103 and DL-103R.
Mechanically, both motors closely resemble each other. To help distinguish them the external finish on the DL-103R is gold plated. The main difference stems from the DL-103R possessing a higher degree of copper wire purity resulting in a more faithful reproduction. Electrically; the DL-103R has a lower DC resistance so the recommended load is slightly different from each other and the DL-103R is slightly lower in output voltage than the DL-103.
Essentially the DL-103 is pleasing to listen to, it provides vivid sound which translates to a more «forefront» presentation. It offers more midrange bloom and it confers more presence than the DL-103R.
The listener looking for a more neutral and precise reproduction will prefer the DL-103R version. Subjectively, this one has a flatter frequency response in its entire passband. It has slightly better and refined timbre than the DL-103, especially notable in the mid-range portion; thanks to the use of 6N pure copper wire. Its lower moving coil equipment mass ensures quicker transients.
Using our cartridge requires at least three things:
- Medium to high mass tonearm to match these low compliance cartridges (i.e. 10g. and more).
- System ready for low output MC cartridges or either using a head amp or a step-up transformer (SUT).
- The Lithium (Li) First Series cartridges require a tonearm able to counterbalance 12g.
The Cartridge Includes:
- Either one of the two (2) motors: DL-103 or DL-103R;
- A hand-polished mirror finish outer shell;
- One (1) nude tonewood set of your choice among our eight (8) standard selection;
- Some tuning tools, a screwdriver, and a screw kit for a trouble-free installation;
- A rigid black plastic jewel box.