The World’s First and Only “Tunable” and "Customizable" Phono Cartridge
* The wood species above are shown as an example. Depending on your screen setting the colors may differ from the actual picture.
LOMC (Low Output Moving Coil) Phono Cartridges
For the ultimate experience, the Bronze (Br) alloy cartridge stands out by the lower octaves’ extended bandwidth. The soundstage foundation is more entrenched. It has a more significant footprint than other metals in upper-bass and lower-midrange tonal levels. One can feel the veracity, the syncopated rhythm and the presence of the midrange’s fundamental notes. The background is noiseless and dark which permits to restore every subtlety. Given its smoother effect on the high-medium and treble, listening with the Bronze (Br) steers the listener in a more passive, less cerebral direction, yet maintaining the right mix of details which results from it playing with grace.
Bronze's sonic signature...
To best compliment the way the Audio MusiKraft Nitro motors are designed, our latest research showed that the ideal metal shell environment to work with was a bronze alloy.
As usual, our primary objective was to provide optimal musical playback. In general, we believe bronze is quite favorable for high-performing audio component construction when introduced in strategic places. Here are two key reasons why we have chosen this mythic alloy in search of specific Sonics. One, for its heavier mass, to better control the arm resonances as well as stimulate the cartridge’s moving coil suspension, and secondly, by providing to the motor the best acoustically sound structure in reference to the proper alloy composition; i.e. copper, lead and tin which are low resonant materials. These supple materials dampen the ringing transmitted back to the generator usually associated with metals and which would translate into distortion. It turns out that bronze is regarded as a durable and ageless material which last millenniums which therefore represents in some way our strong and unique recyclable feature.
In every aspect, our quest for ultimate performance has proven us right.
Which Nitro Motor to Choose…
Audio MusiKraft offers two distinct cartridge motors: Nitro 1 and Nitro 2.
Mechanically, both motors closely resemble each other. To help distinguish them the external finish on the Nitro 2 is gold plated. The main difference stems from the Nitro 2 possessing a higher degree of copper wire purity resulting in a more faithful reproduction. Electrically; the Nitro 2 has a lower DC resistance so the recommended load is slightly different from each other and the Nitro 2 is slightly lower in output voltage than the Nitro 1.
Essentially the Nitro 1 is pleasing to listen to, it provides vivid sound which translates to a more «forefront» presentation. It offers more midrange bloom and it confers more presence than the Nitro 2.
The listener looking for a more neutral and precise reproduction will prefer the Nitro 2 version. Subjectively, this one has a flatter frequency response in its entire passband. It has slightly better and refined timbre than the Nitro 1, especially notable in the mid-range portion; thanks to the use of 6N pure copper wire. Its lower moving coil equipment mass ensures quicker transients.
The use of a Nitro cartridge requires at least three things:
- Medium to high mass tonearm to match these low compliance cartridges (i.e. 10g. and more).
- System ready for low output MC cartridges or either using a head amp or a step-up transformer (SUT).
- The Bronze (Br) Nitro cartridges require a tonearm able to counterbalance 21g.
The Cartridge Kit Includes:
- Either one of the two (2) distinct motors: Nitro 1 or Nitro 2;
- Offered in a hand-polished mirror finish, 14k gold plated;
- Three (3) pre-selected tonewoods. We have chosen beeswax patinated torrefied pine, clear lacquered maple, and eco-oiled ipe as the optimal woods for you to cover a large musical and sonic spectrum;
- One damping oil vial, a complete tool kit and various screws for a trouble-free installation;
- A red stained baltic plywood exotic jewel box.