The World’s First and Only “Tunable” and "Customizable" Phono Cartridge
* The wood species above are shown as an example. Depending on your screen setting the colors may differ from the actual picture.
LOMC (Low Output Moving Coil) Phono Cartridges
We recommend the Aluminum (Al) alloy cartridge as a versatile and highly competitive candidate and one that provides excellent performance in a wide variety of contexts. Its sonic signature is lively, dynamic and provides fine focus and attack; you can literally map the soundstage.
Which Motor to Choose…
Audio MusiKraft offers two distinct cartridge motors in the First Series: DL-103 and DL-103R.
Mechanically, both motors closely resemble each other. To help distinguish them the external finish on the DL-103R is gold plated. The main difference stems from the DL-103R possessing a higher degree of copper wire purity resulting in a more faithful reproduction. Electrically; the DL-103R has a lower DC resistance so the recommended load is slightly different from each other and the DL-103R is slightly lower in output voltage than the DL-103.
Essentially the DL-103 is pleasing to listen to, it provides vivid sound which translates to a more «forefront» presentation. It offers more midrange bloom and it confers more presence than the DL-103R.
The listener looking for a more neutral and precise reproduction will prefer the DL-103R version. Subjectively, this one has a flatter frequency response in its entire passband. It has slightly better and refined timbre than the DL-103, especially notable in the mid-range portion; thanks to the use of 6N pure copper wire. Its lower moving coil equipment mass ensures quicker transients.
Using our cartridge requires at least three things:
- Medium to high mass tonearm to match these low compliance cartridges (i.e. 10g. and more).
- System ready for low output MC cartridges or either using a head amp or a step-up transformer (SUT).
- The Aluminum (Al) First Series cartridges require a tonearm able to counterbalance 12g.
The Cartridge Includes:
- Either one of the two (2) motors: DL-103 or DL-103R;
- The anodized finish color of your choice: clear or champagne;
- One (1) nude tonewood set of your choice among our eight (8) standard selection;
- Some tuning tools, a screwdriver, and a screw kit for a trouble-free installation;
- A rigid black plastic jewel box.