- The world’s first and only “Tunable” and "Customizable" phono cartridge -
For the ultimate experience, the Bronze (Br) series cartridge stands out by the lower octaves’ extended bandwidth. The soundstage foundation is more entrenched. It has a more significant footprint than other metals in upper-bass and lower-midrange tonal levels. One can feel the veracity, the syncopated rhythm and the presence of the midrange’s fundamental notes. The background is noiseless and dark which permits to restore every subtlety. Given its smoother effect on the high-medium and treble, listening with the Bronze (Br) steers the listener in a more passive, less cerebral direction, yet maintaining the right mix of details which results from it playing with grace.
Bronze's sonic signature...
To best compliment the way the Audio MusiKraft Nitro motors are designed, our latest research showed that the ideal metal shell environment to work with was a bronze alloy.
As usual, our primary objective was to provide optimal musical playback. In general, we believe bronze is quite favorable for high-performing audio component construction when introduced in strategic places. Here are two key reasons why we have chosen this mythic alloy in search of specific sonics. One, for its heavier mass, to better control the arm resonances as well as stimulate the cartridge’s moving coil suspension, and secondly, by providing to the motor the best acoustically sound structure in reference to the proper alloy composition; i.e. copper, lead and tin which are low resonant materials. These supple materials dampen the ringing transmitted back to the generator usually associated with metals and which would translate into distortion. It turns out that bronze is regarded as a durable and ageless material which last millenniums which therefore represents in some way our strong and unique recyclable feature.
In every aspect, our quest for ultimate performance has proven us right.
The new Nitro series is up to now our most advanced cartridges. This complete kit Includes an improved cartridge generator, three (3) pre-selected optimal tonewoods (chosen by us) for you to cover a large musical and sonic spectrum, and it now comes standard with the damping oil treatment, all the necessary voicing, and installation tools in an exotic wooden jewel box.
This cartridge is not limited to and can furthermore be customized to your musical and/or visual preference.
Version: Bronze (Br) Gold Plated
Motor Model: Nitro 1
- Material: Bronze alloy
- Protective layer: 14k gold plating
- Finish: mirror, hand polished then plated
- Color: gold
- Shell weight (nude): 13.1g
- Headshell mount: per EIA Standards, 1/2"
- Shell cover thread: 10 - M2.5 x 0.45 (5 overhang positions)
- Cover depth clearance: 1.0 / 2.2mm (min./max. screw penetration)
- Tone wood insert sets: 3 sets included (Beeswaxed torrefied pine, lacquered maple, eco-oiled Ipe), each set contains (3) three pieces; one (1) for the cover and two (2) for the sides.
- Generating system: low output moving coil (LOMC)
- Channels: 2, stereo
- Cartridge size (LxWxH): 28.5 x 18.0 x 17.7mm
- Cartridge weight (with wood inserts): 20.6g (min.) - 21.1g (max.)
- Coil conductor: copper
- Stylus shape: conical
- Tracking tip size: 0.65 mil
- Cantilever: light alloy
- Playback frequency response: 20-45,000 Hz
- Channel separation (1 kHz): > 25 dB
- Channel sensitivity difference (1 kHz): < 1 dB
- Output voltage (1 kHz, 50mm/sec. horizontal direction): 0.35 mV
- Stylus pressure (vertical tracking force): 2.5 ±0.3 g
- Compliance (on disc): 5 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Electrical impedance (1 kHz): 40Ω ± 20 %
- Recommended load resistance: 100Ω min. (40Ω min. SUT)
All model specifications Comparison Chart
This cartridge kit includes:
- One (1) Audio MusiKraft Nitro 1 series phono cartridge
- One (1) 3D printed black plastic guard
- One (1) Torrefied pine wood insert set (Beeswax patina on external face)
- One (1) Maple wood insert set (3 coat lacquer on external face)
- One (1) Ipe wood insert set (eco-oil treated)
- One (1) Eco-friendly oil vial (1ml)
- One (1) M0.7mm Allen hex key
- One (1) M2.0mm Allen hex key
- One (1) miniature Philips screwdriver
- One (1) wooden pushrod tool for (wood insert removal)
- One (1) stylus brush
- Six (6) pairs M2.5 x 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10mm, SS 304, Allen hex cap screws;
- Two (2) pairs M2.5 x 6mm x 0.5mm thick, Stainless Steel 304, Flat washers
- One (1) red stained baltic plywood jewel box..
Modular part options:
Aftermarket parts including; motors, additional wood inserts or other accessories.
Follow this link to consult our wood options.
The use of a Nitro cartridge requires at least three things:
- Medium to high mass tonearm to match these low compliance cartridges (i.e. 10g. and more).
- System ready for low output MC cartridges or either using a head amp or a step-up transformer (SUT).
- The Bronze (Br) Nitro cartridges require a tonearm able to counterbalance 21g.
Note: Depending on your tonearm setup, this cartridge may require a slight modification as of height or VTA compensation. This cartridge mesures 17.7mm from stylus tip to top
For complete details, download the Nitro Series phono cartridge Owner's Manual (PDF - 15 pages).
From the date of purchase Audio MusiKraft warrants their manufactured goods for one (1) year against defect in materials and craftsmanship only. The warranty does not cover any damage by the owner. Please handle your cartridge carefully.
Refer to the Terms & Conditions page for complete information.
Audio MusiKraft Gold Plated Bronze Nitro 1 Cartridge
- Brand: Audio MusiKraft
- Product Code: BRnitro1-GO
- Availability: In Stock