- The world’s first and only “Tunable” and "Customizable" phono cartridge -
The Lithium (Li) series cartridge is for those seeking a more intimate presentation of the musicians while the core and timbres of the instruments are better perceived. The high frequencies in the Lithium (Li) are silkier and are not unlike going from a metallic dome tweeter to a silk one in a loudspeaker. The mid-band is more laid back, damped and relaxed. The bass is a rounder. compared to the Aluminum (Al) version. A Lithium (Li) cartridge sounds warmer and pleasing. The copper content in this alloy provides a well-balanced damping effect that gives this warmer and silkier result.
The new Nitro series is up to now our most advanced cartridges. This complete kit Includes an improved cartridge generator, three (3) pre-selected optimal tonewoods (chosen by us) for you to cover a large musical and sonic spectrum, and it now comes standard with the damping oil treatment, all the necessary voicing, and installation tools in an exotic wooden jewel box.
This cartridge is not limited to and can furthermore be customized to your musical and/or visual preference.
Read the Review: Enjoy the Music.com, by Robert Grossman, January 2021
Version: Lithium (Li)
Motor Model: Nitro 2
- Material: Lithium alloy
- Protective layer: paste seal
- Finish: mirror, hand polished
- Color: natural
- Shell weight (nude): 3.9g
- Headshell mount: per EIA Standards, 1/2"
- Shell cover thread: 10 - M2.5 x 0.45 (5 overhang positions)
- Cover depth clearance: 1.0 / 2.2mm (min./max. screw penetration)
- Tone wood insert sets: 3 sets included (Beeswaxed torrefied pine, lacquered maple, eco-oiled Ipe), each set contains (3) three pieces; one (1) for the cover and two (2) for the sides.
- Generating system: low output moving coil (LOMC)
- Channels: 2, stereo
- Cartridge size (LxWxH): 28.5 x 18.0 x 17.7mm
- Cartridge weight (with wood inserts): 11.5g (min.) - 12.0g (max.)
- Coil conductor: 6N pure copper
- Stylus shape: conical
- Tracking tip size: 0.65 mil
- Cantilever: light alloy
- Playback frequency response: 20-45,000 Hz
- Channel separation (1 kHz): > 25 dB
- Channel sensitivity difference (1 kHz): < 1 dB
- Output voltage (1 kHz, 50mm/sec. horizontal direction): 0.30 mV
- Stylus pressure (vertical tracking force): 2.5 ±0.3 g
- Compliance (on disc): 5 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Electrical impedance (1 kHz): 14Ω ± 20 %
- Recommended load resistance: 100Ω min. (14Ω min. SUT)
All model specifications Comparison Chart
This cartridge kit includes:
- One (1) Audio MusiKraft Nitro 1 series phono cartridge
- One (1) 3D printed black plastic guard
- One (1) Torrefied pine wood insert set (Beeswax patina on external face)
- One (1) Maple wood insert set (3 coat lacquer on external face)
- One (1) Ipe wood insert set (eco-oil treated)
- One (1) Eco-friendly oil vial (1ml)
- One (1) M0.7mm Allen hex key
- One (1) M2.0mm Allen hex key
- One (1) miniature Philips screwdriver
- One (1) wooden pushrod tool for (wood insert removal)
- One (1) stylus brush
- Six (6) pairs M2.5 x 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10mm, SS 304, Allen hex cap screws;
- Two (2) pairs M2.5 x 6mm x 0.5mm thick, Stainless Steel 304, Flat washers
- One (1) red stained baltic plywood jewel box..
Modular part options:
Aftermarket parts including; motors, additional wood inserts or other accessories.
Follow this link to consult our wood options.
The use of a Nitro cartridge requires at least three things:
- Medium to high mass tonearm to match these low compliance cartridges (i.e. 10g. and more).
- System ready for low output MC cartridges or either using a head amp or a step-up transformer (SUT).
- The Lithium (Li) Nitro cartridges require a tonearm able to counterbalance 12g.
Note: Depending on your tonearm setup, this cartridge may require a slight modification as of height or VTA compensation. This cartridge mesures 17.7mm from stylus tip to top
For complete details, download the Nitro Series phono cartridge Owner's Manual (PDF - 15 pages).
From the date of purchase Audio MusiKraft warrants their manufactured goods for one (1) year against defect in materials and craftsmanship only. The warranty does not cover any damage by the owner. Please handle your cartridge carefully.
Refer to the Terms & Conditions page for complete information.
Audio MusiKraft Polished Lithium Nitro 2 Cartridge
- Brand: Audio MusiKraft
- Product Code: LInitro2-PO
- Availability: In Stock