LOMC (low output moving coil) phono cartridges
All Audio MusiKraft cartridges are offered in the following four metal materials with various finish.
(Click on one of the above alloys to reach your specific cartridge model or read below for more detailed information on this specific series)
Nitro series cartridges
Why the name Nitro? Well for starters it’s related to the improved motors and the shell shape. Secondly, we wanted to add some “Oomph” to better describe what we were seeking and what we were hearing. These are a few resulting key attributes that best reflect the series name: lively, spontaneous, impactful, realistic, tone right, vibrant, musical, and dare we say, downright impressive.
Since the beginning in 2017 we have demonstrated through many excellent reviews that our design is very unique and figures among the best ranking. Always striving to go further, today with the Nitro Series we are offering what we believe is the best of the best at very competitive pricing.
Beyond the stylus and the cantilever quality, the magnetic field is one of the fundamental properties of the physical cartridge environment. While searching for improvement, our experience shows that upgrading to exotic cantilevers and diamonds does not necessarily emerge to winning results; we were losing some of the cartridge’s intrinsic virtues to faithfully reproduce musicality. We further shifted our research to investigate the magnetic field which we believe is overlooked. To attain the best sound, our improved motors use an amalgam magnet core composition, and we precisely control how the array interacts within the generator’s critical gap. Most of our studies are based on rigorous trial and error and A/B listening tests.
Considering their versatility, their modular power, and fully customizable aspect, these unique cartridges are a leap in the industry as now cartridge voicing and its optimization are attainable on the field. All cartridges come in a versatile kit form that can be fully customized to your musical and/or visual preference. We supply standard and customized parts to original MusiKraft owners through our Fidelity Program (page soon to come).
- Fully modular design to interchange motor, shell, and wood at your will
- Tonality and resonance controllable system
- Three (3) voicing fine-tuning micro setscrews
- Sharp perimeter edges for trouble-free cartridge installation and alignment
- Five (5) different geometric positions for overhang adjustment
- Straightforward to service: i.e. quick phono cartridge and wood insert installation (parts renewal or simply swapping)
- Wide front clearance for stylus ease of view
- Highly durable and recyclable cartridge and shell
- All parts are very precisely machined (± 0.001″)
- Upgradable part options (motor, many wood species, finish and more)
- Almost infinite sonic tuning capability.
Using our cartridge requires at least three things:
- Medium to high mass tonearm (i.e. 10g and more) to match our low compliance cartridges suspension.
- System ready for low output MC cartridges or either using a head amp or a step-up transformer (SUT).
- Tonearm able to counter-balance 11 to 21g depending on the alloy series one chooses.
Note: Depending on your tonearm setup, this cartridge may require a slight modification as of height or VTA compensation. This cartridge mesures 17.7mm from stylus tip to the cartridge top.
Visit our Frequently asked questions (FAQ) page.
Nitro Series Phono Cartridge Owner's Manual (PDF - 15 pages).
Nitro Series All Cartridge Specifications - Comparison Chart (PDF - 1 page)