- The world’s first and only “Tunable” and "Customizable" phono cartridge -
This Audio MusiKraft coated magnesium phono cartridge comes with an installed modified Denon DL-103R generator and with the necessary wood inserts and finish of your choice.
As the lightest structural metal available, magnesium’s combination of low density and good mechanical strength results in a high strength-to-weight ratio. Because of their low modulus of elasticity, magnesium alloys can absorb energy elastically and are well known to have high damping capacity compared with various metallic materials. Diverse uses including aircraft fuselage, automotive parts, and speaker cones all benefit from this light weight alloy. In fact, magnesium is 33% lighter than conventional Aluminum.
Magnesium is easy to machine but nonetheless capricious. Very few machine shops will or can work this material as its dust is highly flammable, insurance companies refuse to cover these shops. Also known since long ago, magnesium lacks sufficient corrosion resistance. Particular care must be taken as soon as it is machined. The treatment we have chosen was primarily for corrosion inhibition and retain its electrical conductivity. The common practice to properly finish metal surfaces is to add an additional coating for aesthetics. For our use, we decided it was a nonsense to add layers, it was rather important to preserve the metal surface as natural as possible without losing the advantages of its properties in the raw state and the reason why we opted for a passivated micro-coating conform to MIL specs.
This cartridge can be fully customized to your musical and/or visual preference.
- Material: Magnesium alloy
- Protective treatment: Chromate conversion coating to MIL spec
- Finish: matte/iridescent
- Color: Olive green
- Size (LxWxH): 24 x 18 x 4.9mm
- Shell weight (nude): 2.79g
- Kit weight (with cart and wood inserts): 10.3g (min.) - 10.8g (max.)
- Headshell mount: 1/2"
- Headshell thread: 10 - M2.5 x 0.45
- Cover depth clearance: 2.2mm (max.) (cover thickness is 2.4mm)
- Screw Material: 304 stainless steel (all)
- Generating system: Moving coil (MC)
- Coil material: 6N pure copper
- Mount: per EIA Standards, 1/2"
- Stylus shape: conical
- Tracking tip size: 0.2mm square
- Cantilever: double structure light alloys
- Playback frequency response: 20-45,000 Hz
- Channel separation (1 kHz): > 25 dB
- Channel sensitivity difference (1 kHz): < 1 dB
- Output voltage (1 kHz, 50mm/sec. horizontal direction): 0.30 mV
- Stylus pressure (Vertical Tracking Force): 2.5 ±0.3 g
- Compliance (on 100 Hz record): 5 x 10-3 m/N
- Electrical impedance (1 kHz): 14Ω ± 20 %
- Recommended load resistance: 100Ω min. (40Ω when using a transformer)
This item comes with its customized jewel box and:
(1) assembled kit including a shell, a modified Denon cart, a 3D guard, and a set of wood inserts
(2) M2.5x3mm Stainless Steel 304 Pan Head Phillips screws for setting on headshell
(1) miniature Phillips screwdriver
(1) 0.7mm Allen hex key and
(1) wooden pushrod tool for wood insert retrieval
We include the original Denon package, chart, and brush
Options: additional wood inserts, extra screws or other accessories.
Depending on your tonearm setup, this shell system may require heavier counterweight and a slight modification as of height or VTA compensation.
The wood inserts
Following are the various species of our wood inserts. Our system renders them interchangeable within all the Audio MusiKraft shell models. Each set contains (3) three pieces; one (1) piece for the cover and two (2) for the sides.
For tonality and/or aesthetics we offer twenty four (24) species in the web shop, but seventy (70) more exotic types are available upon request. Download this list or
Wood Species Selection Chart (name/density/hardness):
*Take in consideration:
- Due to the natural variations in wood grain, its aspect and overall colors may vary depending on your screen settings.
- For best fitment, we suggest buying your extra wood sets at the cartridge date of purchase or to send us in your shell if you are looking to upgrade.
Refer to the Terms & Conditions page.
Audio MusiKraft DL-103R Coated Magnesium Cartridge
- Brand: Audio MusiKraft
- Product Code: S-Mg103R-COCO
- Availability: In Stock