- The world’s first and only “Tunable” and "Customizable" phono cartridge -
This Audio MusiKraft clear anodized aluminum phono cartridge comes with an installed modified Denon DL-103 generator and with the necessary wood inserts and finish of your choice.
We have chosen this alloy as it is widely used, affordable and well suited for the cartridge improvements we are looking for. Aluminum can be easily machined, is lightweight and numerous corrosion treatments and finishes are available. Given that production costs are lower than other materials, there is added value for the customer, making this shell our entry level.
This cartridge can be fully customized to your musical and/or visual preference.
Read the Reviews:
- Jeff Day, Positive-Feedback, November 2018, Writer’s Choice Awards for 2018
- Jeff Day, Positive-Feedback, January 2018, The “Tunable” Audio MusiKraft Denon DL-103 Phonograph Cartridge
- Wojtek Pacula, High Fidelity.pl, November 2017, # 163
- Jeff Day, Jeff’s Place, June-Dec. 2017, The Audio MusiKraft Adventure
- Material: Aluminum alloy
- Finish: anodized
- Color: clear
- Size (LxWxH): 24 x 18 x 4.9mm
- Shell weight (nude): 4.13g
- Kit weight (with cart and wood inserts): 11.7g (min.) - 12.1g (max.)
- Headshell mount: 1/2"
- Headshell thread: 10 - M2.5 x 0.45
- Cover depth clearance: 2.2mm (max.) (cover thickness is 2.4mm)
- Screw Material: 304 stainless steel (all)
- Generating system: Moving coil (MC)
- Coil material: copper
- Mount: per EIA Standards, 1/2"
- Stylus shape: conical
- Tracking tip size: 16.5 microns
- Cantilever: double structure light alloys
- Playback frequency response: 20-45,000 Hz
- Channel separation (1 kHz): > 25 dB
- Channel sensitivity difference (1 kHz): < 1 dB
- Output voltage (1 kHz, 50mm/sec. horizontal direction): 0.35 mV
- Stylus pressure (vertical tracking force): 2.5 ±0.3 g
- Compliance (on disc): 5 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Electrical impedance (1 kHz): 40Ω ± 20 %
- Recommended load resistance: 100Ω or more (except when transformer is provided)
This item comes with its customized jewel box and:
(1) assembled kit including a shell, a modified Denon cart, a 3D guard, and a set of wood inserts
(2) M2.5x3mm Stainless Steel 304 Pan Head Phillips screws for setting on headshell
(1) miniature Phillips screwdriver
(1) 0.7mm Allen hex key
(1) wooden pushrod tool for wood insert retrieval.
We include the original Denon package, chart, and brush
Options: additional wood inserts, extra screws or other accessories.
Depending on your tonearm setup, this shell system may require heavier counterweight and a slight modification as of height or VTA compensation.
The wood inserts
Following are the various species of our wood inserts. Our system renders them interchangeable within all the Audio MusiKraft shell models. Each set contains (3) three pieces; one (1) piece for the cover and two (2) for the sides.
*Take in consideration:
- Due to the natural variations in wood grain, its aspect and overall colors may vary depending on your screen settings.
- For best fitment, we suggest buying your extra wood sets at the cartridge date of purchase or to send us in your shell if you are looking to upgrade.
For complete details, download the First Series Phono Cartridge Owner's Manual (PDF - 15 pages).
Refer to the Terms & Conditions page.
Audio MusiKraft DL-103 Clear Anodized Aluminum Cartridge
- Brand: Audio MusiKraft
- Product Code: S-Al103-CLAN
- Availability: In Stock